August 16, 2020

Ray Stevens: "Quarantined" pushes beyond 900,000 unique views...

Hello all!! I've been watching the NHL play-off's and baseball games on and off throughout the weekend. I still don't know all the in's and out's and rules when it comes to ice hockey but I've been something of a casual viewer of the sport for a number of years. On last night's episode of Ray's locally syndicated PBS series, CabaRay Nashville, the guest star was Rex Allen, Jr.

As mentioned in a previous blog entry that I wrote I remarked that the moment that I find out if Ray's current music video, "Quarantined", has reached the 900,000 unique view plateau I'd write a blog entry about it. Well, today is the day. I looked at the numbers several minutes ago and "Quarantined" sits at 910,038. Has anyone else managed to maintain some of their sanity during the pandemic? Have you given up and succumbed to Government over-reach? Have you gotten to the point where you're numb to all things COVID-19, social distancing, and face masks and has both the elected and un-elected bureaucrats beaten down your once proud independence? The best thing to do, outside of voting this November, is to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all while listening to the Ray Stevens "Quarantined" video...over 900,000 people have seen it so far...



A recurring situation I've come across is the video embeds that I share in my blog entries sometimes are not showing up in the actual blog. When I go to preview my blog entries before I click publish I always see the videos posted in preview and so I assume they're showing up on the published blog entry. When I posted a video clip in a previous blog entry it failed to show up after publishing but was appearing in preview. It's a nuisance.

The most recent audio release from Ray Stevens is technically a Jeannie Seely recording. In my previous blog entry I promoted their "Dance Tonight" duet and wrote a review of the song. The Mp3 is available for purchase on Amazon. Her album is called An American Classic and it features a blend of solo and duet recordings. One of those duet recordings is with Ray Stevens on "Dance Tonight", from the pen of Paul McCartney.

You can read my commentary about Ray and Jeannie's "Dance Tonight" and find a link to their duet by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...