November 10, 2020

Ray Stevens: Follow-up on "Everything is Beautiful" at 50...

In my quest to be one of the most detailed and thorough Ray Stevens fans in existence here I am with another blog entry spotlighting the 50th anniversary rendition of "Everything is Beautiful". In my previous blog entry I remarked that the video had gotten 1,680 unique views. I just returned from YouTube and the unique views for the music video have jumped to 2,765. This is a pickup of 1,085 unique views. In the closing narration of the song Ray remarks that it's hard to believe 50 years has passed since he released the song in 1970. 

I've posted this image in some of my previous blog entries and I also included it in the pictorial time-line that runs along the side of the page. If you glance through the time-line you'll see I cut off in 1980 and then jump to 2012. I've been meaning to have a full fledged album discography running along the side of the page along with other images of Ray but midway through the construction of the time-line I figured it would just be too many images and so I deliberately jumped 32 years to spotlight more contemporary releases from Ray. There is no CD copy of the song (so far) but nevertheless on-line music stores are using the image as a publicity photo for the 50th anniversary Mp3 release. The medley music video has also risen...it's now sitting at 2,067 unique views at the moment. So, as you can see, both music videos have made it into the 2,000 unique view range. 702 unique views separate both music videos at the moment. Predictably the full version of "Everything is Beautiful" is getting the most impact rather than the medley where it shares the same stage with "United We Stand". I'm making the assumption that one day this week the music videos, perhaps one or the other or both, will ultimately breakout and start racking up the unique views at an even more frenetic pace and get into that 10,000 range. An aggressive publicity campaign can accomplish the feat. A round of on-line interviews or other such publicity will draw viewers to the videos. I'll be keeping track of the numbers throughout the week and next Monday we'll see what the unique views on YouTube happen to be after a full week of on-line availability on the video hosting site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...