November 29, 2020

Ray Stevens: "Injurin' Joe" music video...

Hello once again!! In this blog entry I'm going to be embedding a video of a song Ray Stevens recorded in 2000 for the soundtrack of the animated movie, Tom Sawyer. The movie features a soundtrack and voice acting from a wide range of country music artists. Ray Stevens participated in the soundtrack with a song he and Buddy Kalb wrote called "Injurin' Joe". Ray's song only appears on the film's soundtrack...it was not featured in the animated film nor was it issued as a single. The video was made by a fellow fan of Ray Stevens a couple of years ago and earlier this month the fan got a big surprise when he was contacted by Ray's inner circle and was asked if they could upload the video onto their YouTube channel and other social media platforms. I frequently communicate, on-line, with this fellow fan and have done so for more than 10 years. His name is Daniel Curtis. 

Daniel's just as big a fan of Ray Stevens as I am...at one point in time he had his photo taken with Ray during a meet and greet. I'm way too nervous to do things like that. When I went to Ray's CabaRay showroom in 2018 my brother and I sat at a table right next to the stage...and that was the closest I'd ever gotten to Ray Stevens even though I've been a fan of Ray's since the mid 1980s. I had met his frequent songwriting partner, Buddy Kalb, a couple of times at the merchandise tables at other Ray Stevens concerts in the past. As mentioned, Ray and Buddy wrote "Injurin' Joe" and I think it's a wonderful song for what it's suppose to be. The music certainly creates a mood and the imagery from the animated movie is timed a lot with the lyrics. Since this is a song for an animated movie, and it's about the villain of the film, you're going to get a lot of lyrics that build up the menacing nature of the character. You're going to love the video and the song...it's a lot of fun...so without further delay here's the Daniel Curtis video that Ray Stevens uploaded onto his social media sites the other day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...