November 9, 2020

Ray Stevens: Update on "Everything is Beautiful" music video...

I'm back once again!! I was going to write a blog entry later this evening but I decided to just go ahead and write a blog entry now since I'm still at the laptop. Oh, I've taken breaks...I was never going to sit at the laptop for the entire day and literally monitor the unique views of Ray's new music videos...but I find myself back in front of the laptop and so I decided to check in on the unique views of the 2020 rendition of "Everything is Beautiful". Earlier this afternoon the music video was sitting at 1,345 unique views. The most recent count is 1,680 as of 4:16pm eastern. A pickup of 345 additional unique views on YouTube. There were a number of people on social media sites earlier today sharing links to both of the music videos and so it's going to take several hours or a couple of days before we know which music video will have the most impact with on-line viewers. The medley music video is up over the 1,000 unique view threshold, now. Specifically it's sitting at 1,387. The "Everything is Beautiful" / "United We Stand" medley is embedded below...


In a previous blog entry I remarked that the medley music video had gotten 831 unique views. 2020 is the 50th anniversary of "Everything is Beautiful"...hitting originally in the late spring of 1970 and being one of the biggest hits during the summer of 1970. It spent two weeks at number one on the Pop chart and three weeks at number one on the Easy-Listening chart. The latter chart was renamed Adult-Contemporary in 1979. The song won a Grammy for Ray at the 1971 telecast in the category of 'Best Male Pop Vocal Performance'. A cover version by gospel singer, Jake Hess, also won a Grammy with the song for 'Best Sacred Performance'. Here is the other music video...the full performance from Ray of "Everything is Beautiful"...


Here's a quick reminder to keep the music video's straight and I'm using compass directions. The medley music video features the image of Ray seated at the piano and facing the West. The full performance music video of "Everything is Beautiful", directly above, features Ray seated at the piano and facing the East. I'll be keeping track of the music video throughout the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...