November 24, 2020

Ray Stevens: Musicians Hall of Fame Interview...

Hello all you fans of Ray Stevens!! I know you're out there and a lot of you are just as devoted to his music, from all time periods, as I am. It's several days before Thanksgiving...in some of my blog's around this time of the year I often remark about how thankful we are that the music of Ray Stevens is in our lives. Those who are fans of him know how rare he happens to be...by saying that I mean we know that not too many performers/recording artists have the sort of talents Ray possesses. He's not only a singer but he's also a songwriter, musician, producer, music arranger, music publisher, and we can see his acting abilities in his comedy music videos. He's in his 63rd year as a recording artist...after having released his first recording in 1957...and recently he participated in an interview with Joe Chambers of the Musicians Hall of Fame. All kinds of topics are discussed in this half hour interview...some things all of us knew given our long standing appreciation for the music and career of Ray Stevens...but there are a couple of things that Ray gave some detail on. 

If you recall a couple of months ago Ray spoke of an upcoming box set and mentioned the working title was Musical Highlights of the 20th Century. He said that the box set would be several CD's in one massive collection. Well, in this interview, Ray goes into detail about this box set and discusses cover art and the concept of some of the CD's in the collection. He also reveals the amount of songs he recorded. If you're a repeat visitor to this blog you'll see in some of my blog entries that I wonder what Ray's up to or if new songs from him are on the horizon. When Ray revealed the song total it dawned on me that's what he's been busy with in the recording studio over the last couple of years. I don't want to give away too many details, obviously, because I want you to watch the interview for yourselves...


One of the things to keep in mind is that this is an interview of Ray Stevens by Joe Chambers. There are people on Ray's social media sites who are looking at the screen cap of Ray and they see 'Musicians Hall of Fame Backstage' in big letters and they've automatically assumed that Ray's either a member of that Hall of Fame or he's been elected to it. There's a lot of congratulation replies on his Facebook page, for example, but this is only an interview...Ray isn't a member of the Musicians Hall of Fame! Ray happens to be a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, Georgia Music Hall of Fame, Atlanta Music Hall of Fame, Christian Music Hall of Fame, and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Is this interview a foreshadowing of things to come? I had seen this interview on Joe Chambers' YouTube page a couple of days ago but held off featuring it in a blog. I left a comment about the video at the time. I usually never want to get ahead of what Ray's planning on doing with video content that appears on-line. I typically wait until the content appears on his YouTube channel or his Facebook page before I feature it in a blog entry. A few blog entries ago I went ahead and uploaded the two performances from Ray's appearance on Mike Huckabee's television show...those videos originated on Huckabee's social media platforms...so I don't always wait until video content appears on Ray's social media sites but for the most part I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...