August 3, 2021

Ray Stevens: CabaRay Concerts a Month Away...

If you happen to be a longtime, dedicated Ray Stevens fan then you'll know that we're technically not a month away, yet, from concerts returning to the CabaRay. If we're to be absolutely technical August 4th, tomorrow, will mark 1 month until concerts return to the Ray Stevens CabaRay showroom. The grand re-opening is September 4th and concert tickets have been on sale for several months. I've written several blog entries about the availability of tickets. On July 21st I embedded a CabaRay promo video...the video has gotten 1.6K unique views on YouTube. On Facebook that video received more than 12,000 views. So, then, if you're a frequent visitor of Ray's social media then you should be very familiar with the news that the CabaRay will soon re-open for concerts.  

In case, like me, you're just as in the know about all things Ray Stevens I think it's time to bring back my reasons for having a Ray Stevens blog page. I periodically state the reasons for this particular blog just in case newcomers to it might feel offended that I'm blogging about things "they already know". I have this Ray Stevens blog page for numerous reasons. One of those reasons is, as a long time fan, this is one way of showing my appreciation for his music (in addition to purchasing it) and so I compose essays/blog entries dealing with all aspects of his career and from all time periods. I compose these blog entries for those that aren't as dedicated or don't know as much about Ray Stevens, as we do, and so I fill my blog with a lot of information that you probably already know, too, but I always compose with the mindset that somebody out there who doesn't even know who Ray Stevens is will come across this blog and learn a lot about Ray in the process. That's my hope. I also write these blog entries because I've long since discovered there's a lot of Ray Stevens fans out there who either don't want to do what I'm doing (blogging) or they prefer to just quietly follow Ray's career without participating much in any online social communication. I know this to be true because if you look at the amount of likes and shares pertaining to Ray's Facebook posts they always outnumber the amount of comments. As of this writing there's 116 reactions (likes/loves) of the most recent Ray Stevens post on Facebook. However, there's only 8 comments...and the video being reacted to, uploaded a little over an hour ago, has more than 5,000 views already. So, unlike a lot of recording artists with an official Facebook page, Ray's content usually receives significantly more reactions/shares than actual written comments. 


In the still above you probably know that it was taken during a performance of "Gitarzan". It's the only song in Ray's setlist that features him using a guitar. September 4th is grand re-opening of the CabaRay and tickets are on sale. You can visit the website or call the number on the screen. The video gives an interior of the CabaRay. Watch the video so you'll see the lovely showroom you'll be seated in when you attend an upcoming Ray Stevens concert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...