June 4, 2021

Ray Stevens audio clip: "Gas"...

Well, it's me once again...several minutes after having written my review of the brand new Ray Stevens novelty song, "Gas". I posted it over on Amazon as well...once it gets posted over there I'll probably make a note of it in a future blog entry. I've listened to the song at least 6 times and after the first couple of listens I'd catch things I didn't hear the first time around. I think that's typical with a lot of people who hear a song for the first time. They listen...and in their excitement they're taking in just the fact that you're hearing something brand new and then on repeated listens you pick up things because you're now listening more intently, more closely. I thought about embedding the audio clip of "Gas" in my previous blog entry but I decided I'd keep it focused only on my review. The single is on Curb Records and it'll be on an upcoming comedy album from Ray titled Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. I take it the title of the album was selected due to it's irony...if anybody can find humor and comedy in nearly any situation it's Ray Stevens. I'm guessing that a couple of song's from Ray that I've only heard about will be on this upcoming comedy album. Last year on his social media he posted images from a music video he was said to be in the process of making but nothing's been released so far. I don't think the screen caps shared online last year was for a music video of "Gas"...if a music video were available of this song it would've been put online hours ago...at least one would think!? The audio clip from Curb Records is featured below, however...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...