June 16, 2021

Ray Stevens: Let's take a look at "Gas"...

Well, hello once again!! Let's take a look at "Gas"...it isn't every blog entry I begin with inserting the title in the conversation but I'm not bound to any kind of self-imposed rules or restrictions when it comes to writing these blog posts...aside from the fact all blog entries I write here focus on the music, career, and happenings of Ray Stevens. I used to refer to him as the one and only Ray Stevens...then I'd say things like the incredible Ray Stevens...or the multi-talented Ray Stevens. All of those descriptions remain true. Since 2019 I've often inserted Country Music Hall of Fame member, Ray Stevens, as a descriptive. Anyway, Ray's audio of "Gas" over on YouTube has quietly obtained over 8,000 unique views. I was tempted to say that "Gas" quietly passed the 8,000 unique view plateau but I held it in...and yet I find myself writing what I originally passed on...proving no matter how hard you try you can't hold back what comes natural. The novelty song sort of touches on a special kind of natural gas, by the way.   

When I previously posted the unique views on June 14th it was 7,396 and as of this blog entry the total number of unique views is 8,003. A pick-up of 607 additional discoveries of the audio over the past couple of days...also keep in mind that Ray, nor the record label, Curb, are aggressively promoting this song and yet it continues to garner unique views every single day. Are fuel prices still high in your area? I drove by a couple of fuel stations nearby and the cheapest is above $3.00 a gallon and the most expensive is near $4.00 and I don't even live near any sort of sprawling city...so I can just imagine what the fuel prices in a major city must be. 

These higher fuel prices aren't necessarily a result of more expensive oil...it's part of what I fear is a calculated plot to artificially drive up the price of fuel and aggravate the consumer so much that they'll psychologically be more inclined to give radical concepts such as electric cars a try. Now, of course, that's my opinion...there's no basis of that opinion rooted in any tangible fact or evidence...it's simply an opinion based on my personal instincts of what might happen in the not too distant future as the fossil fuel sector becomes more and more vilified by those who push green energy non-stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...