June 24, 2021

Ray Stevens: The Online Music Outlets...

Ray Stevens: June 23, 2021

Hello all you Ray Stevens fans!! As we're entering the final days of June...yes, that's correct, the first of July is a week from today...but as we're entering the final days of June 2021 I'm spotlighting the promo video that appeared on Ray's social media yesterday. The promo pointed out various online sites where Ray's music can be found. Ray speaks of you being able to find his music on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, and other places. Here on this fan created blog page I give spotlight to where you can purchase or download his music, too. Ray's music is available everywhere...it isn't only available on CD or vinyl...and I think the reason for this promo was to emphasize that his music is just as readily available, online, as everybody else. 

Whenever he puts out a new song, for example, it never fails to elicit commentary from some asking: "when is the CD coming out?". It's as if some expect a CD copy of music each and every time...never thinking that practically everyone in the music industry releases music online and through streaming services. Do any of you listen to Ray's songs through a streaming service? Do you purchase digital downloads? Do you purchase Ray's music online as a digital download but also purchase a copy of it on CD if it's available? I'm part of the latter. I purchase his music on CD and I also purchase it online for my music library. I never transfer music from a CD onto my laptop. I know most of you listen to his music on YouTube. I embed a lot of audio of Ray Stevens from YouTube in my blog entries...just like I'm doing today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...