June 24, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Melancholy Fescue" returns to the Amazon Top-100...

Hello once again Ray Stevens fans!! I always make a point to take a look at the Amazon rankings on their various lists whenever something new is released on Ray Stevens. Ever since Ray released the first of his four digital albums this year back in February I've checked the Amazon rankings. I check the digital music rankings in both the country and comedy sections to see if something from Ray makes an appearance. I typically only do this in the days and weeks after Ray's released a new album or single. Ray's second digital album this year, from March, has made a return to the Top-100 list in Amazon. The digital albums he's released this year have all appeared at various positions on Amazon's digital music Top-100 New Releases list...and Melancholy Fescue made it's return to that list yesterday. When I was checking in I saw that the digital album was ranked in the Top-40 of Amazon's Top-100 and so I took a screen cap of it. It's still in the Top-100 at this hour. I don't know if people online are discovering some of the songs from that digital album or not as to why it made a return to Amazon's Top-100...but it's a remarkable album...and it features fabulous renditions by Ray Stevens of songs like "Twilight Time", "Goin' Out of My Head", "Oh, Pretty Woman", "At This Moment", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", and "MacArthur Park". I'm embedding a medley from the album. The medley features two songs by the name "In the Still of the Night". Some may be familiar with one or the other while some may be familiar with both songs. One of the songs titled "In the Still of the Night" became a massive hit for one of Ray's music industry friends, Ronnie Milsap, and I'm sure most of you reading this will be more familiar with the song that Ronnie had a hit with. Uploaded onto YouTube by Curb Records here's the "In the Still of the Night/In the Still of the Night" medley...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...