June 3, 2021

Ray Stevens: My Reviews of His Recent Digital Albums...

Hello all once again!! I was pondering over whether or not to compose a blog entry featuring links to my reviews of the previous four digital albums from Ray Stevens that I posted here on my fan-created blog page or whether I'd provide links to the reviews I posted over on Amazon. The reviews are identical. I write my reviews of Ray Stevens songs and albums here on my blog and then I paste them over on Amazon's customer review section. I don't write the reviews on Amazon first because the wait time for them to appear online takes days and so I write them here, publish the review in a blog entry, and then I copy/paste my review over on Amazon. Ray began his series of digital album releases this past February with Great Country Ballads. He followed that a month later with the bluegrass flavored Melancholy Fescue. This was followed in April by Slow Dance which was followed last month by Nouveau Retro. If you're a Ray Stevens fan the past several months have been filled with a flurry of activity...it marks the first time in his career that four complete studio albums have been released on Ray Stevens. Off the top of my head I'm thinking that the last time multiple studio albums were released on Ray Stevens in a single calendar year was 1997 when we seen the release of the comedy albums Hum It and Christmas Through a Different Window. There were numerous releases from Ray on his own Clyde Records label between the years of 2003 and 2012 and so he may have issued two studio albums in one calendar year in that time frame but nothing's springing to mind. Well, anyway, I know this is the only time in his career that he's released four studio albums in one calendar year and that's the point I was making in the first place. 





I have any link that I post set to where they open up in a new window. Anyway, those are my album reviews. If you want to read those same reviews that are also posted on this blog simply go over there to the archives on the right hand side of the screen and look up each review during the months of February through May of this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...