September 16, 2021

Ray Stevens: CabaRay Showroom Article...

Hello all you fans of Ray Stevens!! Yes, if you read my previous blog entry, I failed to open it with a greeting. I say that for those that might be used to a greeting...the greeting's not necessarily something I've had set in stone but I find myself opening blog entries with a greeting out of recent habit. In some of my older blog entries I come off too scholarly and formal...but then again some may prefer my writing to be more scholarly and less formal...the common denominator between the two preferences being you can't please everyone. 


I posted several publicity pieces about the CabaRay showroom re-opening back on September 4th. Ray's third concert of the season is scheduled to take place this coming Saturday at 7:30pm (September 18th). In case you don't know you can enter the CabaRay more than 2 hours ahead of the concert. The Piano Bar, located within the CabaRay, opens it's doors at 5pm. If you ordered a dinner ahead of the concert you'll be able to enter the main floor at 5:30pm and find your seats. If you didn't choose a dinner option you'll be able to enter the main floor an hour later at 6:30pm. Ray doesn't have any kind of opening act beyond the pianist inside the Piano Bar. Ray makes his way to centerstage at 7:30pm and for 90 minutes Ray will sing a lot of his classic songs (comedy and serious) and sometimes he'll add in later recordings but most of the show centers around the songs he feels the people have come to hear in person.

A webpage called Nashville.com posted a publicity piece about the CabaRay and I hadn't, to my knowledge, posted a link to it yet. As mentioned I posted several online articles leading up to the CabaRay re-opening...but I don't recall coming across this article back then...I came across it today. However, the article isn't specifically dated...it just states that the article was posted "1 week ago". I don't know if it means it was posted one week ago last Thursday (September 9th) or if was posted at some other point last week and it's getting closer now to 2 weeks ago...it's hard to tell without a timestamp visible indicating which day in September the article was posted. Anyway, the article was written by Jerry Holthouse and here's the LINK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...