September 16, 2021

Ray Stevens: New comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, in October...

Hello all fans of Ray Stevens!!! I've been away from the computer for a number of hours and while I was away I find out that the news broke that the upcoming Ray Stevens comedy album, that I made mention of in my previous blog entry, has taken over Ray's Facebook page. The album's promo banner is on his Facebook page and I obviously saved it to my online photo collection. I've shared the title of the album with you all before...the album is called Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. He visits a similar pose from his 1989 album, Beside Myself, and so look for people to make comparisons between the cover art of the 1989 album and the 2021 album as we get close to the album's release date (October 8th). The album's track list hasn't been released yet...but "Gas" is suppose to be one of the songs on the album. In a previous blog entry about the "Gas" audio track I mentioned that most recording artists ride a song for 2 and a half to 3 months. Now, it feels eerie, but I wrote that in a fairly recent blog entry never knowing that today would be the day that Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore would begin it's publicity phase...but yet here we are and we're turning another page in Ray's on-going career and I'm beginning to countdown the days until the release of the comedy album next month. Take a look at the promo image...


Keep in mind that the image above is only a photo...it isn't a link. Once a link becomes available to either Pre-Order or to download I'll share that link in a future blog entry. However, isn't that cover art fantastic? It's the kind of album cover I've been patiently awaiting for a number of years. Ray's gotten away from wild poses and eye catching cover art on most of his albums in the last 10 years or so...this is a step in that direction. Some may think back to Beside Myself...but on that album's cover art clown Ray was grinning and on here clown Ray is making a frown with a tear drop painted below the eye. Anyone want to guess what will be on this album? Will it be a collection of songs that are funny but society would find them not funny anymore? Will it be a collection of all-new, original songs? "Gas" is an original song (from the pen of Barry Smith) but will the other recordings be brand new? Will it be a collection of songs that didn't make it onto his 9-CD Encyclopedia project in 2012 and so he decided to put them on this release? I'm just as anxious and filled with a lot of questions as you all are!! The announcement and promo on his Facebook page about Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore excites me to no end. Let the countdown begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...