September 14, 2021

Ray Stevens: Nouveau Retro YouTube Playlist...

Hello all of you fans of Ray Stevens once again!! In keeping with my previous two blog entries I'm going to be embedding a link to the YouTube playlist of the Ray Stevens album, Nouveau Retro. This particular 12 song album was the final in a series of albums Ray released in the first half of the year. I'm composing these YouTube playlist blog entries out of order, as you probably noticed, based on my personal preferences. Melancholy Fescue was the first one to receive a blog entry with a YouTube playlist link because that's my favorite of the four albums Ray released earlier in the year. It's a Bluegrass-flavored album and if you know your Bluegrass then you'll know that the music is meant to be fast-paced, musically tight...and up-tempo music will most often always out perform ballads if a music listener had their choice of what kind of songs they want to hear. So, Ray's Bluegrass album was the first that received a YouTube playlist blog entry. Second was Great Country Ballads...and being a fan of country music, specifically classic country, I was very familiar with the songs that Ray covered on that album. Ray put a lot of brass into these country music standards and gave them entirely new arrangements. So, today, I'm embedding the YouTube playlist of Nouveau Retro. I'll be composing a blog entry later today sometime of the YouTube playlist of Slow Dance. After I finish that blog entry I'll have written a blog entry spotlighting the YouTube playlists of the previous four online Ray Stevens albums which appear, in compact disc form, on the box set Iconic Songs of the 20th Century.

The reason I'm seemingly all of the sudden providing YouTube playlist links to Ray's albums is because that's my way of continuing to promote his latest recordings without having to write a blog entry for every song on the four albums. There are 12 songs per compact disc...that's a total of 48 songs! Also, there is to be a brand new album from Ray Stevens soon...and once this upcoming album gets released, and as if I need to remind any of you this, I'll be shifting my focus onto this upcoming album and promoting it as heavily as I've been promoting all of the albums he's released this year. In the meantime, though, the YouTube playlist for Nouveau Retro can be found HERE. This is the album that features Ray bringing back songs such as "Cry Me a River", "Blue Moon", "Mountain of Love", "You Don't Know Me", and "April in Paris". Once you watch the video don't forget to click the above link and hear the audio tracks from Nouveau Retro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...