September 27, 2021

Ray Stevens: The Upcoming Comedy Album Excitement...

I come across several websites promoting the upcoming Ray Stevens comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, and by that I mean I came across a Pre-order product page at Target. I also came across publicity from Ray's official representation, Absolute Publicity, and you can read their commentary by clicking HERE. When you open the link and read the write-up you'll also come across a link where, after you click it, you'll be given three options. You'll have the option to Pre-order from Ray's official webstore, Pre-add through Apple Music, or Pre-Save on Spotify. Keep in mind that you'll only receive an autographed copy of the comedy album if you purchase the compact disc format from Ray's official webstore. The other two options, as you know, are digital download/streaming services which send audio files to your listening device (phone, laptop, etc.). 

A few minutes ago I was attempting to post a comment on a social media site regarding Ray's upcoming comedy album. The site wasn't Facebook or Twitter...it was of lesser known stature but still a highly active site. I've been a member of the site for a lengthy period of time...and while I was able to click a heart symbol to show that I recommended/liked the story I was unable to submit my comments. I kept getting an error message stating that "it looks like you're not signed in", but I was, and so after re-submitting my comment I got the same error message. Instead of attempting a third time to submit my comments I erased them from the message box and left the site. It was an odd experience...signed in to a website and being able to actively recommend the story but unable to leave a comment and getting an error message that I'm not signed in. It had me thinking if this is a common occurrence with other people who attempt to leave comments on websites that they're signed in to but, for whatever reason, the comments aren't being posted due to some sort of malfunction on their end or whatever. The reason it had me wondering is because the story dealt with the upcoming comedy album from Ray Stevens...and if comments aren't able to be easily submitted on that particular site then anyone that comes across the write-up will see is a story with zero comments. It creates the perception that the story hadn't gotten any reaction or views. Anyway, as I've been writing this blog entry, I've changed my mind and will attempt a third time to leave a comment over on that website. 

In the meantime, as the title of this blog entry states, anyone else having any excitement over the upcoming comedy album? The October 8th release date is right around the corner...by the time we make it to this coming Friday we'll only have one more week to go before release day! Will Ray put out anything else from this album prior to it's release? We'll find out one way or another as we get closer to the album's release date!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...