September 6, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Gas" at 11K...

As we move into Labor Day 2021 (September 6th) I'm here to report that the current Ray Stevens novelty song, "Gas", has moved past 11,000 unique views on YouTube. Well, specifically speaking, it's an audio track so I should refer to it as YouTube audio plays. A gain of 17 plays enabled "Gas" to reach 11,009. Now, keep in mind, all of this discovery is happening with the most limited publicity one could imagine. I think I'm the only person that frequently posts links to the audio track on social media...there has never been any kind of grand publicity campaign for the single. I either post a link to the YouTube audio track or I post a link to the "Gas" product page over on Amazon. To see the audio track gain more than 11,000 plays, well, in other words, to witness the audio track go from less than 100 YouTube plays in the beginning to more than 11,000 YouTube plays now, it's been a fun journey. I'll continue to periodically monitor the YouTube play of "Gas". I've witnessed it cross into the 10,000 level and now it's pushed into the 11,000 level...and I'm sure I'll make note of it reaching 12,000 and 13,000 etc. in the months ahead. Keep in mind that Ray is scheduled to have a new comedy album released in October...and "Gas" is suppose to be one of the songs on that upcoming album...and I've often wondered if Ray will put out another song prior to the album's release date or if he and Curb Records will ride "Gas" until the day the new comedy album emerges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...