September 11, 2021

Ray Stevens: Melancholy Fescue YouTube Playlist...

Well, yes, it's me once again!! I find myself unable to stop writing blog entries about Ray Stevens all of the sudden! Isn't this like my third or fourth blog entry today?? I predict, though, this will indeed be my final blog entry of the day...on Saturday nights I'm typically in front of the television. I DVR Ray's television show, CabaRay Nashville, and watch it at a later date. It airs at 8pm Eastern on a local PBS channel on Saturday nights. Now, of course, as I type this the Piano Bar inside the CabaRay showroom is just getting underway...the pianist John Johnethis is the resident pianist there. Nashville is in the Central time zone...so it's just a little bit past 5pm there. Those attending the Ray Stevens concert tonight seating will begin at 5:30pm if you've chosen a dinner option. Then, at 6:30pm, seating begins for those who purchased concert-only tickets. Ray Stevens will hit the stage an hour later at 7:30pm. 


In a lot of my blog entries this year I've advertised the various albums Ray has issued. Ray issued four digital download albums earlier in the year and then, in late July, he packaged all of those albums together in compact disc format for the 4-CD box set, Iconic Songs of the 20th Century. The individual albums, in case you're not familiar, are: Great Country Ballads, Melancholy Fescue, Slow Dance, and Nouveau Retro. In this blog entry I'm embedding the Melancholy Fescue playlist from YouTube. Once you click the link you'll be taken to the playlist...there, if you're not familiar with a playlist, you'll see all 11 audio tracks from the album and 1 music video. Each of the tracks are available to play in their entirety. The music video of "Unchained Melody" is part of the playlist...for whatever reason the audio track for that particular song wasn't made part of the audio playlist. You can play songs out of order by selecting which ones you want to hear or you can click the Play All button and hear the entire album from beginning to end. To hear the audio tracks click HERE. I will more than likely post the playlists of the other three albums in future blog entries. As you can see this particular album features songs in a bluegrass flavor...but there's a deliberate symphonic presence mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...