September 26, 2021

Ray Stevens: Comedy album Pre-order Autograph offer...

Yes, there's going to be plenty of time for me to write about this upcoming album once it's released but you know how it goes on this fan created blog page! I can't help myself from promoting and writing about the music of Ray Stevens...and so here I am blogging about Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore! I mainly decided to write another blog entry about the comedy album because I don't want the subject matter to slide too much down into the archives. We're just under 2 weeks from the album's release day, October 8th. I was asked by somebody on a social media site if I happened to know who wrote the songs on this album. I don't have this album yet...but I Pre-ordered the album on September 24th. If you Pre-order the album between September 24th and October 8th you'll get an autographed copy. I don't know if the autograph will be on the cover...or on the jewel case or where it'll be. When Ray released his 2015 comedy album my copy was autographed...the compact disc wasn't inside a jewel case, though. It was inside a cardboard carrying case. In order to get the autograph on the front of the album it was shipped with the carrying case unsealed. When they ship compact discs without an autograph they're sealed in the usual plastic wrap. So, my guess is, those who Pre-ordered the upcoming comedy album as I did will receive a copy of the album in a cardboard carrying case with his autograph on it. In addition to Ray's 2015 Here We Go Again! comedy album using a cardboard carrying case...the same was true for the compilation album Laughter is the Best Medicine and the sampler disc of songs from his 9-CD Encyclopedia of Recorded Comedy Music. However, all of his other compact discs are housed inside the standard hard plastic jewel case. 

This comedy album will feature 14 songs. In a couple of my previous blog entries I mentioned the amount of songs that will be on the album and in one blog entry I provided a track list. I'll find out who wrote what when the album is in my possession. A Pre-order doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the album before the October 8th release date. On the product page it has a disclaimer stating that the album ships on October 8th...the reason for the Pre-order is for those wanting an autographed copy of Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. I'll also purchase the digital download when it's released. I will also share numerous songs from the album in future blog entries...Curb Records usually uploads the audio tracks from albums that they release...and so I'll share audio tracks once they become available. I'm really, really intrigued by several of the song titles on the collection. I've included the track list once again and I've placed a symbol next to the song titles that have my curiosity raised...

1. Hoochie Coochie Dancer
2. Coco Cabana Band
3. Gas
4. My Better Half
5. Moonshine*
6. The Gambler and The Octopus*
7. Soap Sally*
8. Down in Mexico*
9. Dis-Connected*
10. The Quarantine Song
11. Old Dog
12. Red Hot Chili Cook Off
13. Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore*
14. Disorder Down at the Border*

My curiosity being raised specifically on the songs with eye catching titles suggesting there will be topical humor abundant...and topical subject matter is something Ray defended in a recent write-up about his current activities and the upcoming comedy album. I'm excited to hear what all of these songs are going to sound like and what the storylines happen to be!! I wonder if "Moonshine" will feature a classic country music arrangement or will it sound bluegrass? It may not even be about alcohol and it might be a comical love song about the moon's light. We'll find out when we hear it! 

I have a feeling that "Old Dog" is the same song that he performed as a duet with Tanya Tucker on an episode of CabaRay Nashville. Some of my online associates wondered if Tanya will be on the official recording...but there's no indication that she participated in the recording...considering that her name isn't listed on the back of the CD as a duet partner. She could make an uncredited appearance...but I highly doubt she did...my guess is Ray recorded the song solo...if it's even the same song that is! We're just assuming it'll be the same song he and Tanya performed on his television show. 

"My Better Half" following "Gas" had me thinking that it'll be a song about the President...since "Gas" is about him...but then again it could be a totally unrelated song. A number of months ago Ray posted photos of himself in the process of making what were music videos...photos surfaced of him in front of green screens. Now, when he shared those photos I went off-the-wall with excitement thinking there would be some brand new music videos in the not too distant future. Time has passed since those photos emerged...but thinking back to those photos, now, they seem to fit any number of songs on this upcoming comedy album!! 

"Soap Sally" has my mind thinking of all kinds of things...what in the world would a song with that title sound like or be about? We know from the title that it's possibly going to be about someone named Sally and the subject matter of soap...but beyond that I can't think of what the song's story will be about. Pre-order Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore HERE. The autograph offer only lasts for a limited time: September 24th through October 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...