October 1, 2021

Ray Stevens: Upcoming Music Video...

Hello all you Ray Stevens fans and welcome to October!! Yes, oh yes, we're beginning the month of October and you know what that means! It means that we're one week from the release of the Ray Stevens comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. The comedy album hits October 8th!! The word was released through Ray's YouTube channel that there will be a brand new music video to be on the lookout for. He released this news on the Community page of his YouTube channel...and he included several screen caps from the video. This information wasn't released on his other social media and so only those who frequent and explore his YouTube channel were aware of the news. I visit his channel often...but I rarely visit the Community section...when I'm at Ray's channel I'm clicking video uploads or retrieving URL's to embed in my blog entries. I found out about these photo's from a fellow fan of Ray Stevens and so I'm blogging about them now. The screen caps to the song, "Hoochie Coochie Dancer", are in the Community section of his YouTube channel. I'm not going to post the images in this blog entry until the music video is uploaded. Yes, I know that the screen caps are already posted online through his YouTube channel but I'll wait until the music video is officially released before I post any images from it. 

I don't know the writer of  "Hoochie Coochie Dancer". I'll find out the writers once I get the comedy CD in the mail. I'd seen a couple photos a number of months ago from this photo session and some of us fans were speculating as to whether or not Ray was going to make a music video of "Little Egypt"...but once the comedy album was announced, and a track list was provided, we saw the "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" song title and realized he was probably going to make a full length music video of it or tape bits and pieces of the song in video format and use the footage for an advertisement of some kind. The YouTube message states that it'll be a music video...so it's going to be a full length production rather than something used in a commercial for the comedy album. The song, by the way, is track one...there are 14 songs altogether. The album's title track is 13...one of the few times when an album's title track is near the closing instead of near the opening. He uploaded a brief audio sample of the title track and based upon what I heard it's going to be a commentary on the state of comedy and so I'm guessing that's why it was placed near the end of the album...you'd rather have the listeners laughing before touching on some serious aspects of the comedy business...well, at least that's my theory as to why the album's title track is placed further down the track list.  

Once the "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" music video is released I don't know if he'll ride it the rest of the year or if he'll put out a further video by year's end. The comedy album comes out next Friday...and once he puts out the music video you can be sure that I'll be including it in a blog entry!! You can still get an autographed copy of Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore...the special Pre-order offer lasts until October 8th. The Pre-order autograph offer is only available through Ray's online store. You can Pre-order/purchase the CD HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...