October 9, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" nearing 10,000 unique views...

Well, it's me once again!! If you're a fan of Ray Stevens then you're probably already familiar with his new music video, "Hoochie Coochie Dancer". I wrote a blog or two previously about the new comedy album and the music video...and in one of my blog entries I reported that the unique views of "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" were 1,641. When I woke up this afternoon and looked at the totals the video had risen by more than 5,000 unique views! At one point early this morning the video had gone from 1,641 to 1,779 and then it rose to 2,435 before I went to bed. Upon waking up the unique views had dramatically increased to 7,700!! A pickup of 5,265! Since this afternoon the totals have continued to rise and it's moved from 7,700 to 8,502. As I'm writing this blog entry I'm guessing that more and more people are finding the music video and so that 8,502 number may be closer to or over 9,000 by the time I publish this blog entry. Since "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" is climbing in unique views at such a rapid rate that's why I've titled this blog entry the way I did. It's very possible that 10,000 or more people will have seen this music video by later tonight. If and when it crosses that total I'll make note of it in a blog. I'm proud to say that some of my commentary on this music video's YouTube page has received some agreement. You're going to be singing to yourself "she's a Hoochie Coochie Dancer in this carnival show...". The way he sings 'hooo-oooo-chie' is something I look forward to hearing when I listen to the song.


My review of the comedy album containing "Hoochie Coochie Dancer", Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, isn't on Amazon yet. I always write my reviews on this blog and then I copy/paste them over on Amazon. Once it appears on Amazon I'll also make note of that in a future blog entry. The blog entry that contains my review of his new comedy album can be seen HERE

In a somewhat related connection I wasn't aware of my blog count for this year having gone beyond 300. When I was looking at the statistics for this particular blog I discovered that this is the 302nd blog entry about Ray Stevens that I've written during 2021. The 300th blog entry of the year happened to be my blog entry promoting the exclusive premiere of the "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" music video on People magazine's website yesterday. I didn't realize I had written nearly 300 blog entries this year but then again it's been a very busy year, music wise, for Ray. He put out the 4-CD box set...but prior to that he had released all 4 of the albums individually...and I was blogging about all of those releases and the eventual release of the box set. Then I wrote extensively about the novelty single, "Gas", and the audio plays it was attracting on YouTube...and on top of that he began performing at the CabaRay showroom again in early September...and now he's released a comedy album. So, yeah, when I stop and think about it I realize how easily 300 or more blog entries can emerge during the kind of busy year Ray has had. 

Ray will be in concert tonight at the CabaRay beginning at 7:30pm Central. The doors open at 5pm Central (an hour from now). If you're attending a concert be sure to set your DVR. Ray will be the guest announcer on the Huckabee television show tonight on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Here in the Eastern time zone it airs at 8pm. He is suppose to announce the show and not do any singing...but since it's Ray, and it's an unusual situation where he's selected as a guest announcer on a national television show, in my back of my mind, I think Ray might contribute to the show musically rather than be an announcer only; but we'll see what happens. In the meantime enjoy the "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" music video!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...