October 12, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" surpasses 40,000 unique views...

Wow...I can hardly keep up with the rising unique views of the "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" music video from Ray Stevens. Earlier I composed a blog entry detailing that the music video had surpassed 30,000 unique views (33,557) and here I am composing a blog entry spotlighting that the music video has surpassed 40,000 unique views! The totals on YouTube at the moment are 43,543! This is an increase of 9,986 unique views. You know, I don't think I'd be exaggerating when I say that I see this music video moving into the 50,000 range by this evening...or perhaps by this afternoon. 


In addition to the news about the music video I also have some news about Ray's comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. It's reached a new peak position on the Country CDs and Vinyl New Releases Top-100 list on Amazon. In a previous blog entry I mentioned that the new comedy album was sitting at 30. 

A new peak position of 29 is where it was listed during the last hour. The Amazon Top-100 lists change hourly. Here's a fact some out there may find a bit odd...Ray's new comedy album, while among the Top-100 New Releases in Country CDs and Vinyl at number 29, it isn't showing up among the Top-100 New Releases in Country Digital Music...a bit odd considering most people purchase music digitally rather than order compact discs. If you're new to this blog entry welcome aboard! If you're wondering why I post about such technical things like chart data, statistics, surveys, songwriter credits, musician credits, and all of that it's because I feel it provides a service that isn't being filled. You're not going to find a blog page this detailed about Ray Stevens. His official webpage and social media are great but, as far as I know, there isn't any other Ray Stevens fan that blogs about his music or career. There also doesn't appear to be any kind of congregated area online, outside of his official social media, where his music is promoted/spotlighted. If you go to any online store and search for Ray's music you'll likely find images of long out of print CD's or you'll see music downloads from more than 10 years ago. Also, a good number of online music sites offer an dated artist bio of Ray from 20 some years ago. So, I take it upon myself to promote his music, both past and present, and to document the various happenings of his career both past and present. I wrote as much in the About Me area but every now and then I incorporate my goal for how I want this fan created blog to come across within a blog entry. I came across a promo for Ray's current music video and the comedy album. It's on a webpage called ClassicCountryMusic dot com. 

I didn't include a link because the promo features an error. The error is the assertion that "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" is his first music video in years. This is untrue. We fans of Ray Stevens are very aware of his three music videos last year: "The Quarantine Song" which more than 3 million people have seen, "Everything is Beautiful 50th Anniversary", and the medley "Everything is Beautiful / United We Stand". Prior to those music videos in 2020 there was a Christmas-themed music video, "Mary and Joseph and the Baby and Me", in 2016, "Dear America" was released earlier the same year, and prior to those a couple of music videos to songs from his 2015 comedy album appeared online. I guess that the writer of the promo was thinking of those 2015 video releases and therefore totally unaware of anything Ray had done the last 6 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...