October 18, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Dis-Connected" audio track...

Hello all once again! I didn't want to get ahead of Ray and so I've held back writing a blog entry focusing on the audio track, "Dis-Connected". Earlier today on his Facebook page Ray posted an audio link to "Dis-Connected" and so I'm embedding the audio track in this blog entry. It's a song that I thought may become a future music video...and perhaps it will...but for now they're advertising the audio track. It's also worth noting that once the YouTube audio track appeared on Ray's Facebook page the play total shot up. I point this out because I think it's important to let a general audience know that a majority of Ray Stevens fans are reactive rather than pro-active. Music, or the latest news, has to appear on his official Facebook page before a large amount of the fanbase becomes aware. I go out and find news and information about Ray on my own...but I realize not every fan of his is like I am...but when I seen the play totals on YouTube of "Dis-Connected" rise so dramatically after it was posted on Ray's Facebook page it reminded me of how reactive most of the fanbase happens to be. The audio track had received several hundred new plays on YouTube today on the strength of it being shared on his Facebook page. 

This song, from the new Ray Stevens comedy album Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, is a whimsical story of online dating and online relationships. Ray sings it from the point of view of someone who's at a loss in all of this virtual madness. He mentions the concept of virtual reality given how many people, today, seem to exist on a device rather than interact in person. It's a bouncy sing-a-long song dealing with a relationship that's crumbling because the other person prefers the high tech gadgetry of smart phones and social media sites. Ray name drops numerous social media platforms and online jargon in the song. It's a little more than 2 and a half minutes and so it's one of the shortest songs on the comedy album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...