October 25, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" unique views update...

Hello Ray Stevens fans!! I didn't realize I hadn't written a blog entry in a couple of days. I had been busy off-line (putting contact paper on my bedroom wall...not as easy as it sounds) and doing other off-line things...one day led to another...but here I am again. I kept up to date on Ray's social media posts, though, so it wasn't like I've been living under a rock the last couple of days. An update on the unique views of Ray's current music video, "Hoochie Coochie Dancer", finds it with 125,239. This is a pickup of 5,302 since the last time I'd written a blog entry about the music video. At the time the unique view total was 119,937. 

His comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, continues to chart among the Amazon Top-100 New Releases, Country CDs and Vinyl. I didn't include a copy of the ranking in this particular blog entry...instead, as you can tell, I decided to post an image of his comedy album. I hadn't, I don't think, posted a photo of the back of the album yet. If you recall I've posted a lot of photos within the last several weeks...most of them centering around the comedy album...but near the end of this blog entry I'll be posting what the other side of Ray's comedy album looks like. One of the recent social media posts from Ray is a promo for his Halloween playlist on YouTube. The playlist features music videos, audio recordings, and live performances of Ray with a Halloween overtone. When I looked at the playlist earlier I suggested that they should add a song from the new comedy album to that playlist. "Soap Sally", in particular, is a spooky song about a witch with a cauldron and the evil that exists in her mind. I hadn't gone over to his playlist, yet, to see if they added that song to the list or if there's any sort of reaction about my suggestion. Some of the songs on that playlist include "Rockin' Teenage Mummies" (1965); "Mr. Baker the Undertaker" (1966); "The Booger Man" (1988); the music video and a live performance of "Sittin' Up With the Dead" (1990, 2016), "Haunted House" (2012) ...and so, in my way of thinking, "Soap Sally" doesn't seem like it would be out of place on a playlist like that. Have a look at Ray's current hit music video, "Hoochie Coochie Dancer"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...