October 9, 2021

Ray Stevens: My Review is on Amazon...

As we await night time to arrive I've decided to pass the time by composing a blog entry about my album review of Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore being submitted on Amazon. In my previous blog entry I mentioned that it wasn't on Amazon yet...but after I posted my previous blog entry I went to my e-mail inbox and found a message from Amazon stating that my review had been posted. This teaches me to look in my e-mails before composing a blog entry. Seriously, though...the album review I had written yesterday on Amazon is now on the product page of Ray's new comedy album. You can read my Amazon review by clicking HERE

In my previous blog entry I included a link to the album review that I'd written and posted here on the blog page but that link takes you to Amazon's product page for Ray's comedy album. Whenever I copy my reviews over to Amazon I typically take out or, add in, text. I do this because I may want to say more or I may want to say less and so it's never an absolute carbon copy. 

When I went to review the album I attempted to write a review of the digital copy of Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, since that's the format that I purchased on Amazon. However, when I clicked the write a review button on the product page for the digital release, an error message popped up stating that it wasn't available to be reviewed. That error message happened on the day of release (yesterday!) and it didn't make any sense. Now, baffled by the error message of not being able to review an album that's been released, I went over to the CD product page a couple of minutes later and clicked the write a review button and I was able to post my review. The Amazon review of the CD is now on the product page. I don't know if I'll copy/paste that review and put it on the digital album product page or not. I might just post individual reviews of some of the songs from the album. Have any of you ever tried to do an album search for Ray Stevens on Amazon? I know that a lot of us buy Ray's albums through his webpage but have any of you did a search on Amazon for Ray's music? Does your experience mirror mine? Read on and see if this happens to you...

If you do a search for Ray Stevens over on Amazon you'll not find Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore listed among the first results. If you type the name, Ray Stevens, in the search bar in the CDs/Vinyl section you'll have to go to page 2 before you'll see his brand new album listed and that's if you search using the filter indicating 'Featured'. If you search Ray Stevens, CDs/Vinyl using the filter set at 'Release Date', which is suppose to list the releases in chronological order from recent to oldest, you won't even find Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore listed within the first 5 pages. 

The only way you're going to be able to find Ray's new album on Amazon, as of now, is to type his name and the album title. The same holds true if you search for the digital copy of the album...you're going to have to type in his name and the album title in the search bar. If you only search using his name you'll have to sift through several pages before coming across the brand new album. When the filter is set at 'Release Date' why are we having to sift through pages of music in order to find the brand new release? What if you're not a fan, in the same hyper manner as I am, but you like hearing whatever Ray puts out? If you don't know the name of the new comedy album, but you know he has one out, you're not going to be able to find it right away on Amazon if that happens to be your online music preference. For that reason I'm including an Amazon link to the digital copy of Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. Since it isn't easily found over on Amazon in a general search you can access the digital album by clicking HERE

We're less than an hour away from Ray guest announcing on Huckabee. Although we've been told that Ray is going to just announce the show I'm hoping we get a song or at least some on-camera banter between him and Mike Huckabee. The show airs at 8pm Eastern tonight on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Search your television's on-screen program guide for the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...