May 26, 2020

Ray Stevens: "Quarantined" by the Numbers...

Ray Stevens; 2020
Here I am once more!! After a sort of hectic Memorial Day filled with the premiere of "Quarantined", the COVID-19 song from Ray Stevens, and later on the airing of his episode of the Keith Bilbrey hosted Reflections, I went to sleep sometime after 8pm last night...I think. When I left the internet last night the numbers for "Quarantined" were 8,910 unique views on YouTube and 337,508 views on Facebook. When I checked a couple of minutes ago the numbers were 29,438 unique views on YouTube and 590,259 on Facebook! That is more than half a million...closer to 600,000. I don't know the policy when it comes to video views on Facebook. I don't know if the the video only counts one view per device as YouTube happens to do (what they refer to as unique views) so I don't know if Facebook counts multiple views from the same device. There are benefits either way. On the YouTube side of things the statistics show 29,438 unique views for "Quarantined"...based on their policy that means the video was accessed on 29,438 separate internet devices (desktop computer, laptop, smart phone, etc.). It means that once I watched the video on YouTube yesterday morning any of my repeat viewings of the video won't be counted as a 'view'. Facebook, I think, may count repeated views as well as other data metrics including unique views. I think they break down the statistics by unique views, repeated views, auto-play views, etc. etc. but combine it all into an overall view count. However way they monitor and track video content the point is the "Quarantined" video has gotten close to 600,000 views on Facebook in less than 24 hours. I'll check the numbers later on today and see if it's gotten more than 30,000 unique views on YouTube. I hope the song is available on some future album.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...