May 27, 2020

Ray Stevens: "Quarantined" pushes beyond 100,000...

Ray Stevens; 2020
It's me once again and as the title of this blog entry indicates "Quarantined" has indeed pushed beyond the 100,000 unique view plateau on YouTube. The total as of this writing is 114,771...a pick-up of 16,720 since earlier this morning. The viral video continues to appear in the Twitter search results. I've liked some of the tweets containing the video but I haven't liked every single one of them. There's so many tweets being posted from users that are sharing the video...there's so many available that I'm not going to go through and like every single one of them that I see. It doesn't mean I'm being selective. The point is "Quarantined" is being shared by hundreds of people and it's no telling what Ray is going to do next. His social media activity continues to be heavy...but he's not promoting "Quarantined" at the level I thought he would've been. The video hit on May 25th (Memorial Day) but the very next day his social media sites uploaded a 1982 clip of him singing "Where The Sun Don't Shine" and today they uploaded a 1968 audio clip of "Unwind". I don't know if Ray has something even bigger planned and he was just testing the waters with "Quarantined" to see the kind of reaction it would get, or, if he's following a schedule of activity that's been well thought out and more publicity surrounding the video will soon be forthcoming. It's hard to tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...