July 13, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Gas" at 9.6K...

Hello all you Ray Stevens fans!! The current Curb Records release from Ray Stevens, the novelty song "Gas", increased by 198 online plays to bring it's current YouTube play total to 9,601. On July 8th I wrote a blog entry highlighting the song sitting with 9,403 YouTube plays. Based on math that I entered into my laptop where I divided 198 by 5 that's something like 39 plays per day over the last 5 days...mostly all of the plays are based on organic discovery since the song, for now, isn't being heavily promoted by Ray or the record label. I'm sharing the audio in my blog entries and posting those blog entries on social media but I know that this blog isn't entirely responsible for all 9,601 YouTube plays of "Gas"...but I'd like to think my sharing of the audio has led to some of it's online discovery. Now, it goes without saying, that 10,000 YouTube plays is the next threshold to reach for...and I'm not making any predictions but seeing that the audio has 9,601 plays in a little over a month it wouldn't be unrealistic to reach 10,000 YouTube plays by the end of this month or even sooner than that. If this were a traditional music video rather than an audio track, in my opinion, a wacky music video of "Gas" would've quickly obtained close to 10,000 unique views within a couple weeks or maybe in a couple hours time. Audio takes a lot more patience on a visual-heavy social media site. Whether it's music video or audio it's still a very funny song...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...