July 31, 2021

Ray Stevens: Have you gotten "Iconic Songs of the 20th Century" yet?

Hello all...have you gotten Iconic Songs of the 20th Century yet? I ask that because it's the only way you can get the four digital albums that Ray Stevens released earlier this year in CD format. The compact discs in the 4-CD box set are not sold separately. So, if you prefer music on compact discs, the 4-CD box set is what you've been asking for. I was looking over at the archives here on this blog page and do you know that this particular blog entry is my 50th for the month of July!?! When I published my previous blog entry I looked over there above the pictorial timeline at the blog total for the month of July and seen that the previous blog entry was the 49th I've written this month! I don't think I've ever written 50 blog entries in one month before...but I'd have to check and see...but I wondered what the 50th blog entry in July would be about. After thinking about it for a couple of minutes I decided to have the blog entry focus on the 4-CD box set. I see that it's only fitting...my 50th blog entry of the month being about Iconic Songs of the 20th Century. A sort of numbers game if you will...50th and 20th...that's what led me to decide on the 4-CD box set taking the spotlight. It's also fitting because it's the current release from Ray Stevens...it became available on July 23rd...so it's been available for purchase for more than a week. 

Something that I noticed but didn't report on in previous blog entries is that Iconic Songs of the 20th Century, somehow, made an appearance on Amazon's New Releases Top-100 list. In the CD and Vinyl department for Country music New Releases the 4-CD box set appeared for several days...floating around the bottom half of the Top-100...in spite of it not being available for purchase on Amazon. It's not been in stock on Amazon since release day...so imagine my surprise when I seen Iconic Songs of the 20th Century show up among the Top-100 New Releases a couple of days ago. It's not listed there now...so I don't know if it was a glitch in their system or if it's common for product that's unavailable for purchase to show up on a New Releases list. The box set shown up on Amazon's Top-100 on July 28th and it remained there until July 30th...rising no higher than #94. In the hours leading up to it's release date Amazon had the box set available for Pre-order...but ever since the calendar changed from July 22nd to July 23rd Amazon has listed Iconic Songs of the 20th Century as out of stock and unavailable for purchase. So it's baffling how the box set managed to appear on the Top-100 New Releases so many days after it became unavailable for purchase. If the appearance was based on any Pre-order data the box set would've appeared on the Top-100 New Releases on July 22nd but it didn't...it shown up five days later on July 28th. So it'll perhaps always remain a mystery. You can purchase the box set on Ray's website by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...