July 15, 2021

Ray Stevens: The Great Country Ballads unique Play Totals...

As mentioned in my previous blog entry I've decided to document the audio track play totals from YouTube of Ray's four digital albums released this year. I've previously written a blog entry for Nouveau Retro and Melancholy Fescue...now it's time for Great Country Ballads

This digital album was the first of four releases from Ray Stevens earlier this year. It also makes sense that the first digital album would have the most audio tracks with more than a thousand unique YouTube plays. Why? Because the audio tracks have been available on YouTube the longest and therefore those songs have had the opportunity for online discovery the longest. These YouTube audio plays are only a snapshot in time. The numbers will inevitably rise as time goes by...but I thought it something fun to do as a way to showcase the exposure Ray's songs from his digital albums are getting with no mainstream or widespread publicity to speak of. At the close of this blog entry I've embedded his rendition of "Sweet Dreams". He harmonizes with himself in the recording...overdubbing his own voice to create a harmony singer. A prominent instrument in the recording is the Dobro. It's unlike any version you've previously heard. 

As I've stated numerous times people find the songs of Ray Stevens on YouTube and they take a listen to them...an unofficial estimated guess on my part would be something like 60 percent of people discover Ray Stevens on their own while another 40 percent have probably been aware of him for decades. 

The letter, K, in the play totals refers to thousands of plays. 9.8, for example, means that the audio track has received anywhere between 9,800 and 9,899 unique plays on YouTube.

1. Your Cheatin' Heart  (9.8K audio plays)
2. Please Help Me, I'm Falling  (5.4K audio plays)
3. Crazy  (2.2K audio plays)
4. Room Full of Roses  (1.8K audio plays)
5. Bouquet of Roses  (1.3K audio plays)
6. City Lights  (1,198 audio plays)
7. I Can't Stop Loving You  (1,151 audio plays)
8. Sweet Dreams  (1,146 audio plays)
9. I Can't Help It If I'm Still in Love with You  (719 audio plays)
10. Making Believe  (692 audio plays)
11. Crying Time  (676 audio plays)
12. Till I Get It Right  (600 audio plays)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...