July 3, 2021

Ray Stevens: Nearly a month since "Gas" was released...

Hello all you fans of Ray Stevens!! We're almost a month away since "Gas" was released! The novelty song became available for downloading and online listening on June 4th and tomorrow marks the 1 month anniversary. Tomorrow is also the Fourth of July...our country's Independence Day. We're not doing the usual July 4th cook-out or anything this year...it's just too hot...and besides that I mainly prefer hot dogs on the grill and Pasta Salad. In years past some of my relatives craved macaroni salad...something of which I don't like. I don't like that nor do I like potato salad...and I don't like cole slaw, either. Grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, cabbage...even corn on the cob...those are my favorite things on a July 4th cook-out. Oh, and I like baked beans and deviled eggs, too. Contrary to popular opinion baked beans really doesn't give anyone "Gas"...macaroni salad might...but baked beans, specifically the way we eat them, which is cold, we've never been a victim of "Gas". Now, soup beans, that's another story. I think the salt from either the bacon or the ham, combined with the soup bean itself, is what causes the body to react the way it does. It tends to impact those who consume Navy Beans rather than Pinto Beans...at least that's from my own personal experience. Well, let's listen to Ray Stevens tell us all about this "Gas"...as of this writing the audio track has gotten 9,211 unique views on YouTube. In my previous blog entry about the song, back on June 29, the numbers were 9,003. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...