July 23, 2021

Ray Stevens: It's release day for "Iconic Songs of the 20th Century"...

Well, release day for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century has finally happened!!! The box set from Ray Stevens contains CD copies of his previously released digital albums. I checked Amazon and I looked at the webstore over on Ray's website and it's also available for order there, too. The Amazon product page for the box set, as of this writing, shows that it's available as a Pre-order. I'm assuming that Amazon's official time zone is Pacific...which means as of this writing it's a little past 10pm out West. Here where I am it's nearly 1am. I mention this each time Ray has released new projects. Amazon waits until it's release day in their time zone. As mentioned the box set is also available on Ray's webstore. If you visit the webstore you'll see photos of all four of the discs. Also, on Ray's webpage, you'll see a sideview of the box set. I was assuming the box set would have to be opened up to reveal the discs but the box design they went with features the discs stacked in jewel cases on top of one another and to remove a particular CD from the box set you slide the jewel case from the right hand side of the box. The thing that I'm thrilled with is the fact that the discs are inside individual jewel cases with cover art. I was thinking that the discs would just be sitting in paper sleeves on top of one another in a box but based on the image shown on Ray's webstore each disc has it's own jewel case and cover art. I bring that up because I had originally thought the images shown for each digital album were only for online promotional purposes but, as said, I'm thrilled to see that the discs will be in cases with cover art. I'm assuming musician credits will also be available for each release. As you see on the box set's cover art it's subtitled The Soundtrack of Our Lives

I'll be including links to both Amazon and to the official Ray Stevens webstore near the closing of this blog entry. 

This won't be my only blog entry today...as the Central and Eastern time zones begin their day 7 or 8 hours from now I look for some official publicity from Ray's social media to hit the internet surrounding the release of this box set. Once Ray starts to publicize the box set, as I'm thinking he will, I'll be on the lookout for any news articles, write-ups, video promos, or whatever it might be to pop up online. Once I come across any and all publicity for this release I'll blog about it. I won't be writing a traditional review of the box set because I have the music already through my purchases of the four digital albums and I've written individual reviews of each digital album. I'll be purchasing the box set because I want the music on CD and I'm buying it for the cover art and the musician credits and for any potential personal comments from Ray that might be found if there's a fold-out cover. Iconic Songs of the 20th Century, on Amazon, can be purchased by clicking HERE. If you prefer to purchase it directly from Ray's webstore you can do so HERE. The box set is also being sold on the Curb Records online store. The product page for the box set at the Curb Records website only shows the track list for Great Country Ballads rather than having the whole 48 song track list of the box set visible. The four CD's are: Great Country Ballads, Melancholy Fescue, Slow Dance, and Nouveau Retro.  

I'll be looking at various Amazon New Releases and Best Seller Top-100 lists to see if the box set makes an appearance at some point and yes, if it happens, I'll blog about it. I'd also like to say that the box set is not as expensive as I thought it might be. The price, before taxes, is $24.98 on Amazon and three cents cheaper on Ray's website, $24.95. This is an incredible value for four compact discs with 12 songs each...at that price it means that each disc would sell for a little less than $6.00 each, before taxes, if they were being sold separately. The banner below is just a promotional banner...it isn't a link. The links to Amazon and to Ray's webstore I've previously posted above. When you click the promo banner you'll not be taken to any online store. I stress this because for some of Ray's albums I'd always post a promo picture banner, much in the design like what you see below, and I got feedback that it was being mistaken for a link to an online store. The promo banner for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century seen below is just a photo...it isn't a link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...