July 10, 2021

Ray Stevens: Slow Dance promo...

Hello out there on this Saturday afternoon!! Ray Stevens recently uploaded onto YouTube a promo video for his digital album, Slow Dance. This follows the video promo's he did for Melancholy Fescue and Great Country Ballads. He's posted these promo videos on Facebook but they hadn't been placed on YouTube until recently. The Slow Dance promo was uploaded on YouTube within the last half hour. A video promo for his fourth digital album of the year should be forthcoming and once it appears on YouTube I'll be sharing it here on this blog page. He makes mention of the fourth digital album in this promo but I'm sure he'll upload a video promo focusing exclusively on the fourth release. Slow Dance is the digital album that contains standards filled with romance, love songs more or less, and there's one song that deals with dancing...his lovely rendition of "Slow Dancing". Some of the other songs Ray covers on Slow Dance include "Unforgettable", "Only You and You Alone", "The Great Pretender", and a medley containing "Make Believe / It's Only Make Believe". 


If I'm not mistaken, I'll have to look through my notes, but I seem to recall an episode of his television show, Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville, where he performed a song called "I Remember You". If I'm remembering correctly, once he finished with the performance, he mentioned it was going to be on an upcoming album of his called Slow Dance. As I was typing this I went through my notes and refreshed my memory. He performed "I Remember You" but according to my notes he didn't say it would be on any upcoming album. I had made that assumption on my own when I was taking notes. He'd also sang "Unforgettable" on his television show...and that song did end up appearing here on Slow Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...