July 21, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Gas" at 9.8K...

Hello once again!! I decided to write a blog entry about the Ray Stevens novelty song, "Gas". I've been keeping track of it's play totals on YouTube since it was released last month. In my previous update on "Gas" I reported that the audio track had gotten 9,721 plays. I checked the statistics just a few minutes ago and it's in the 9.8 range. The specific YouTube play total, as of this writing, is now 9,817 plays. I'm making a prediction that this comedy song will reach 10,000 or more YouTube plays either by month's end or in the first couple of weeks in August. In between July 17th and today, if you do the math, "Gas" racked up 96 total plays in that 4 day span to bring it to it's current unique play total of 9,817.


The "Gas" song will be part of an upcoming Ray Stevens comedy album set to be released in October. The title of that album is Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. I don't know if that album title is also a name of one of the songs on the collection or if it's just an album title reflecting Ray's ideas for the album overall. A title like that has me wondering if most of the songs will be ironic in nature...we know "Gas" is going to be on there and that's certainly not an ironic song...so it has me also wondering if it'll be a comedy album centered around subject matter that society says if off-limits to comedy? We have plenty of time to wonder what the upcoming comedy album will be about. I can't wait to see the cover art...even though I'm sure it'll be a digital album rather than CD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...