July 30, 2021

Ray Stevens: Kayden Gordon Interview...

It's me again!! Ray Stevens participated in an interview on an internet radio program hosted by Kayden Gordon. The host/interviewer is 16 going on 17 years old according to a post he left on Ray's social media. I'm hoping the link that I've included takes you to the page where you can hear the interview. It lasts a little more than 9 minutes and Ray's asked all kinds of questions. Some of the subject matter touched on is the CabaRay showroom as well as the CabaRay Nashville television series. Ray speaks about the Iconic Songs of the 20th Century and reminds us that there will be a sequel with four additional releases. The title of that box set, as of this writing, is Iconic Songs of the 20th Century, Volume Two. I don't know if that will end being the official title of the sequel but that's the title, as of now, straight from Ray himself in the interview. It's so far down the road that I'll blog more about it next year...which I'm sure is when it'll be released. You can listen to Kayden Gordon's interview by clicking HERE

I was taking photos of myself with Ray's box set...as most of you could have imagined if you're familiar with this blog page. One of the photos is of me displaying the Nouveau Retro CD from the box set...in one photo I'm with a beard and in the second photo I'm clean shaven. Now, I didn't shave off my facial hair just for the photo. What had happened is I shaved my face...which is something I often do...and while I was sitting at the computer I was looking at the earlier photo I had took of me with the facial hair. I decided to take another photo clean shaven. Then I decided to tie it in with Nouveau Retro and how, on the CD cover, Ray appears as Father Time with the long white beard looking over at the baby photo of Ray (who obviously at that age has no facial hair). So, here's the two panel collage of me with facial hair and one clean shaven...with Nouveau Retro as the focus...


My web-camera is good on some days and not so good on some days. Those images come from a day when the web-camera wasn't as clear as it could have been. I did some editing of them to make them look half-way presentable. The official image of the CD looks way better than how they appear on my web-camera images...

The image over there on the right is what the CD actually looks like...which I'm sure most of you are familiar with by now. I got my Iconic Songs of the 20th Century box set a couple of days ago and if you ordered your copy from Ray's webstore around the same time as I did (last Friday) then you should have your box set on the way or it's already arrived. Nouveau Retro, one of the 4 compact discs in the box set, contains 12 songs that on the surface come across as they were chosen at random. The first 3 compact discs follow a distinctive theme or concept. Nouveau Retro also follows a concept...a creative concept of reviving/refreshing songs that have aged. Nouveau is a word that means 'new' while Retro is a word that means 'old', or, of the past. So, the combination of both words in addition to the subtitle state exactly what this particular album is all about. What's Old is New Again...or Nouveau Retro...presents 12 songs from the past that Ray brings back with modern day sound. This is the album that features his renditions of "Mountain of Love", my favorite of the entire album, and it also contains "Lay Me Down (Roll Me Out to Sea)", "Blue Moon", "Cry Me a River", and "April in Paris". You can get the Nouveau Retro digital album on Amazon by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...