July 23, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Iconic Songs of the 20th Century" promo video...

Hello all once more!! A number of hours have passed since my previous blog entry celebrating release day for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century by Ray Stevens. A promo video for the box set was uploaded onto YouTube earlier today while I was away from the computer. It's a cute promo and you'll like it once you see it. 


In my previous blog I provided two links...one was for the official webstore at Ray's webpage and another was a link to Amazon. I'm in no way, shape, or form a conspiracy theorist but something's odd about a product, minutes after it's suppose to become available for purchase, being simultaneously unavailable on the world's largest online store. A few minutes past Midnight as the day went from July 22nd to July 23rd the product page on Amazon for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century went from being available for Pre-order to it becoming Temporarily Out of Stock. It seems to be a pattern...almost anything that Ray releases whether it be a digital album or a CD...it typically has delayed availability on Amazon. I have no idea if it's intentional to effect an album's impact data, which is a cynical point of view, or if online stores truly are out of stock only minutes after going on sale. 

Getting that off my chest let's return back to the fun of having a 4-CD box set from Ray Stevens being released today! I placed my order for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century earlier today on Ray's webstore and I'll be including a direct link to the store later in the blog entry...even though there will be a link advertised in the video promo as well. 


When my copy of Iconic Songs of the 20th Century arrives in the mail and I get in front of my web-camera I'll more than likely rival the grin that Ray Stevens is giving us in the screen cap. I'll be just as excited. In that video promo you'll see the individual discs as well as the jewel cases for each disc. Since I don't have the box set, yet, I don't know if there will be any musician and songwriter credits listed. Those credits should be listed...it's commonplace...but there actually have been CD's in the past that don't provide musician credits or publisher credits, etc. and those are things I like to be informed about. I like to know the names of all the personnel involved in the making of all of the albums I purchase. Basically, though, those kinds of things appear within a CD's packaging...usually within a fold-out cover or simply on the back of the CD's picture sleeve...so I'm pretty sure once I get the 4-CD box set that kind of information will be available. 

To purchase Iconic Songs of the 20th Century click HERE. It'll take you to Ray's online store at his official website. I've ordered many things from Ray's online store over the years. The last time I purchased something from his store was last year...the CD re-release and remastering of the 1990 Boots Randolph instrumental album that Ray produced. The re-release was in recognition of the album's 30th anniversary. I don't know how long it'll take for Iconic Songs of the 20th Century to arrive in the mail...hopefully it won't take weeks and weeks. This being a Friday, and based on the time of day I ordered it from their webstore, I think it may have gotten shipped at some point today or perhaps some point tomorrow morning...or held off until Monday. I'd be surprised if it isn't in my mailbox by next Friday...hopefully sooner than that.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...