July 24, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Gas" at 9.9K...

Here I am several hours removed from my previous blog entry and now I'm writing this blog entry focusing on the Ray Stevens novelty song, "Gas". A flurry of Ray Stevens activity already...and let's see what takes place in the coming week in the world of Ray Stevens! "Gas" was released as a novelty single on June 4th on all of the social media. I purchased my copy of the song on Amazon. If you're familiar with this blog then you'll know I often keep track of Ray's audio play totals on YouTube. I like to compare it to radio airplays. "Gas", at the moment, has 9,900 unique YouTube plays!! On July 21st I wrote a blog entry spotlighting "Gas" at 9.8K (9,817). I highlighted the fact that between July 17th and July 21st "Gas" had accumulated 96 unique YouTube plays...increasing the play total from 9,721 to 9,817. A similar event has occurred today...in the last three days, July 21st to July 24th, "Gas" has gained 83 unique YouTube plays to bring it to it's current play total of 9,900! I have a feeling that it won't be too long before I'm writing a blog entry highlighting "Gas" reaching a milestone of 10,000 audio plays!! 

"Gas" is going to be on Ray's comedy album, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, scheduled to be released in October. Share the song with all of your friends if you haven't already done so.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...